Inspectify App Terms of Service
Welcome to the Inspectify App!
The Inspectify App Service
We (Sayle Safety Inc. – owner of Inspectify) agree to provide you with the App service. The service includes all of the App products, features, applications, services, technologies, and software that we provide to advance our mission: To ensure everyone is able to go to work, do their job well and get home safe (the “Service”). The Service is made up of the following aspects:
- Offering the ability to make this App your own.
Every organization is different – and so is their workflow and language regarding the execution of risk assessments. We’ve built an easy-to-use system that you can truly claim ownership of by branding it to your organization, customizing the language so it is familiar, integrating core values into the messaging, reordering the workflow of the risk assessment process – so it matches up you’re your existing workflow, tailoring the risk matrix (if you use one) so it is identical to the one you already have in place, and integrating your own risk assessment content and categories so the transition from paper to digital is smooth.
- Shepherding a positive and proactive Safety Culture.
- Developing and using technologies that allow us to confidently support our growing network.
Analyzing information and feedback from our clientele is integral to our service. Our intention is the App maintain its position as the most cutting-edge, seamless, personalized, protected and easy to use risk assessment resource that has ever been. This can only be accomplished through dedicated and consistent analysis and, as the app intends to foster within its users, continuous improvement. The App is a living, breathing environment that will continue to evolve at an aggressive pace – constantly augmenting its functionality, user interface and integrity. Innovation in safety is at the heart of everything we do.
In return for our commitment to provide the Service, we require you to make the below commitments to us.
Who Can Use the App?
We want our Service to be as open and inclusive as possible, but we also want it to be safe, secure, and in accordance with the law. So, we need you to commit to a few restrictions in order to use the App.
- You must be at least 16 years old or the minimum legal age for employment in your province or country to use the App.
- You must not be prohibited from receiving any aspect of the Service under applicable laws or engaging in payments related services if you are on an applicable denied party listing.
- We must not have previously disabled your account for violation of law or any of our policies.
How You Can't Use the App.
- You can't impersonate others or provide inaccurate information.
You must provide us with accurate and up to date information (including registration information). Also, you may not impersonate someone you aren't, and you can't create an account for someone else unless you have their express permission.
- You can't do anything unlawful, misleading, or fraudulent or for an illegal or unauthorized purpose.
- You can't violate (or help or encourage others to violate) these terms or our policies.
- You can't do anything to interfere with or impair the intended operation of the service.
- You can't attempt to create accounts or access or collect information in unauthorized ways.
- You can't post private or confidential information or do anything that violates someone else's rights, including intellectual property.
- You can't use a domain name or URL in your username without our prior written consent.
Permissions You Give to Us. As part of our agreement, you also give us permissions that we need to provide the service.
- We do not claim ownership of your content, but you grant us a license to use it.
- You agree that we can download and install updates to the service on your device.
Additional Rights We Retain
- If you select a username or similar identifier for your account, we may change it if we believe it is appropriate or necessary (for example, if it infringes someone's intellectual property or impersonates another user).
- If you use content covered by intellectual property rights that we have and make available in the Service (for example, images, content or videos we provide that you add to content you create or share), we retain all rights to our content (but not yours).
- You can only use our intellectual property and trademarks, or similar marks as expressly permitted or with our prior written permission.
- You must obtain written permission from us or under an open source license to modify, create derivative works of, decompile, or otherwise attempt to extract source code from us.
Content Removal and Disabling or Terminating Your Account
- We can remove any content or information you share on the Service if we believe that it violates these Terms of Service, our policies, or we are permitted or required to do so by law. We can refuse to provide or stop providing all or part of the service to you (including terminating or disabling your account) immediately to protect our services, or if you create risk or legal exposure for us, violate these Terms of Service or our policies, if you repeatedly infringe other people's intellectual property rights, or where we are permitted or required to do so by law. If we take action to disable or terminate your account, we will notify you where appropriate. If you believe your account has been terminated in error, or you want to disable or permanently delete your account, contact us at support [at]Inspectify [dot] com.
Our Agreement and What Happens if We Disagree
- If any aspect of this agreement is unenforceable, the rest will remain in effect.
- Any amendment or waiver to our agreement must be in writing and signed by us. If we fail to enforce any aspect of this agreement, it will not be a waiver.
- We reserve all rights not expressly granted to you.
Who Has Rights Under this Agreement?
- This agreement does not give rights to any third parties.
- You cannot transfer your rights or obligations under this agreement without our consent.
- Our rights and obligations can be assigned to others. For example, this could occur if our ownership changes (as in a merger, acquisition, or sale of assets) or by law.
Who Is Responsible if Something Happens?
- The Service is provided "as is," and we can't guarantee it will be safe and secure or will work perfectly all the time. TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, WE DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT.
- We also don’t control what others do or say, and we aren’t responsible for their (or your) actions or conduct (whether online or offline) or content (including unlawful or objectionable content). We also aren’t responsible for services and features offered by other people or companies, even if you access them through the Service.
- Our responsibility for anything that happens on the Service (also called "liability") is limited as much as the law will allow. If there is an issue with our service, we can't know what all the possible impacts might be. You agree that we won't be responsible ("liable") for any lost profits, revenues, information, or data, or consequential, special, indirect, exemplary, punitive, or incidental damages arising out of or related to these Terms, even if we know they are possible. This includes when we delete your content, information, or account.
How We Will Handle Disputes?
If you are a consumer, the laws of the country in which you reside will apply to any claim, cause of action, or dispute you have against us that arises out of or relates to these Terms ("claim"), and you may resolve your claim in any competent court in that country that has jurisdiction over the claim. In all other cases, you agree the claim must be resolved exclusively in the Supreme Court of Nova Scotia.
We always appreciate feedback or other suggestions but may use them without any restrictions or obligation to compensate you for them and are under no obligation to keep them confidential.
Updating These Terms
We may change the Service and our policies, and we may need to make changes to these Terms so that they accurately reflect the Service and our policies. Unless otherwise required by law, we will notify you (for example, through the Service) before we make changes to these Terms and give you an opportunity to review them before they go into effect. Then, if you continue to use the Service, you will be bound by the updated Terms. If you do not agree to these or any updated Terms, you can refrain from using the Service and you can delete your account.